Share | 

New Site is up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: New Site is up   04.09.13 23:55

Don't know if you saw this already, but the new site is up and looking realy good:
http://www.davehause.com/

Just love how the cover art (Devour and We could be kings) is used here aswell! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
HungryHeart
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: New Site is up   05.09.13 20:31

It's looking awesome! Way better than the last site he had!
Back to top Go down
http://www.elena-fotografie.be
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: New Site is up   05.09.13 21:38

Looks really good and the bio is an interesting read ...

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: New Site is up   12.09.13 22:59

So I've finally read the bio!
It is indeed an interesting read!!
"...The record closes with the delicate introspection of “Benediction,” a song that pulls lyrical lines from all the tracks that precede it...."
I love this idea! Cannot wait to hear it!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: New Site is up   17.03.16 16:17

Did anyone take a look at Dave's website lately? I just did and thought "What? Another tour with Rocky this summer?"

The last news update is from April last year. Perhaps he should simply post a link to Rankers & Rotters there. Wink

Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: New Site is up   05.04.16 23:30

Websites always get forgotten about in this age of social media, haha. It's kinda too bad. I miss the old days Razz
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: New Site is up   06.04.16 1:52

Not only websites, but also forums. Sad

Social media is very useful for staying in contact with your favorite bands and your gig buds all over the world. But it´s only for the moment and it has no structure at all. I´m trying to use this forum as an archiv for those who are interested in details of Dave´s career. Sometimes I´m not quite sure if there´s anyone out there taking part and I´m thinking about to quit this whole thing...

Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: New Site is up   07.04.16 19:20

Susan wrote:
Not only websites, but also forums. Sad

Social media is very useful for staying in contact with your favorite bands and your gig buds all over the world. But it´s only for the moment and it has no structure at all. I´m trying to use this forum as an archiv for those who are interested in details of Dave´s career. Sometimes I´m not quite sure if there´s anyone out there taking part and I´m thinking about to quit this whole thing...

That's very true. I think it's hard to get people to go out of there way when they can get all their info in one place. This place is at minimum good as an archive though and that's not nothing. Like I may forget to come on here sometimes but if I'm thinking "hmm, when are Dave's tour dates again?" or "I wonder if there's any videos from this tour so far" I often come here first. Everything gets lost in facebook after like a day. The repetition is also annoying. It's tough though to build enough discussion on a forum to get more people interested. Like DSS has a lot of draw when Gaslight/Brian put something out because there's a lot of chatter. It's tougher when nothing is going on, or honestly, if what's going on isn't like a Dave fronted project. Fewer people will be invested.

Maybe try posting links to this page on fb. Like instead of putting info both places. Make a post like "New Tour Announcement: www.rankersandrotters.com/falcontour" or whatever. So it ALWAYS directs the discussion over here. If it's a quick link, people might move their chatter. If you announce it on there as well in full, people will just comment there and not repeat themselves here because why bother? IDK just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: New Site is up   08.04.16 0:25

Thanks for your feedback Shelby! We'll keep on doing this forum as long as anyone is interested in the things we share.

I guess you're right; Postings on facebook are counterproductive. I try to avoid them. But it's always tempting if you want to reach as many people as possible...

And lately I'm a bit tired of pointing out the forum on facebook or twitter. Our people should know what we're doing here. I don't want to bother if they don't care.

Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: New Site is up   11.04.16 23:15

Susan wrote:
Thanks for your feedback Shelby! We'll keep on doing this forum as long as anyone is interested in the things we share.

I guess you're right; Postings on facebook are counterproductive. I try to avoid them. But it's always tempting if you want to reach as many people as possible...

And lately I'm a bit tired of pointing out the forum on facebook or twitter. Our people should know what we're doing here. I don't want to bother if they don't care.

Totally makes sense. I guess I'm just going off of like, lets say you made a post on fb and here saying "Dave has a new song up on soundcloud". If I see this post on facebook first (Very likely I will) and I see comments on it, even if I resist and go here first, if I don't see any discussion, I'll likely go back to fb and join the discussion there even though I'd rather the discussion happen here. But I definitely get it. When your goal is to spread the word on Dave, it's counterproductive NOT to post on fb. I just think it has less to do with caring and more convenience unfortunately :/

Side note: Idk if there's a way to make the site more mobile friendly? But I know I do a lot of my "interneting" on my phone on the train into work and it's nearly impossible to post from an iphone. Maybe that impacts some peoples' usage?
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: New Site is up   02.05.16 1:47

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Side note: Idk if there's a way to make the site more mobile friendly? But I know I do a lot of my "interneting" on my phone on the train into work and it's nearly impossible to post from an iphone. Maybe that impacts some peoples' usage?

The mobile version is a pain in the ass. Unfortunately we can´t change it. When I´m on the road I always choose the classic version. It´s nearly impossibly to post pictures, but everything else is ok.

Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: New Site is up   07.12.16 23:04

Finally a website update! (last entry was in April 2015)

http://www.davehause.com/bury-me-in-philly-feb-3/

Not sure why, but there´s also this new website....

http://www.chasethemermaid.com/

PostSubject: Re: New Site is up   

Back to top Go down

New Site is up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1