An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The road most traveled

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1044
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: The road most traveled   16.08.13 23:34

Just three months until the DEVOUR tour kicks off. This topic is all about traveling and meeting on the road.

One question to the Irish and UK people: What´s the best way to travel from Belfast to Glasgow? (without car)

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
dmkhc
First Cut
First Cut
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-08-04

PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   17.08.13 3:06

I'll look into this more tomorrow but you can get the ferry from NI to Scotland. I'd have to double check the two cities. If you don't have a car though it might be as cheap to fly. If no airlines go to Glasgow l, Edinburgh is really close on the train.
Back to top Go down
ScottyB23
First Cut
First Cut


Posts : 8
Join date : 2013-08-19
Age : 30
Location : Glenmavis, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   19.08.13 13:30

Hey Susan, there are numerous ways to travel from Belfast to Glasgow. Flybe/Easyjet offer flights into Glasgow Airport, there is a Ferry service between Belfast and Cairnryan then you can catch a bus to Glasgow city center from there, which takes approx 2 hours. Personally the Ferry and Bus would be my choice.

http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/

http://www.citylink.co.uk/belfast.php

Anything else I can help with just let me know.
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back


Posts : 267
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 34
Location : Bonn, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   19.08.13 22:05

I am still thinking about flying to London. I've been to London a couple of times now. But I've always been to a different hotel.
I know there are a bunch of hotels/hostels in London. Just wondering if one of you have a recommendation? That would be great Smile
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1044
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   19.08.13 22:09

ScottyB23 wrote:
Hey Susan, there are numerous ways to travel from Belfast to Glasgow.  Flybe/Easyjet offer flights into Glasgow Airport, there is a Ferry service between Belfast and Cairnryan then you can catch a bus to Glasgow city center from there, which takes approx 2 hours. Personally the Ferry and Bus would be my choice.

http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/

http://www.citylink.co.uk/belfast.php

Anything else I can help with just let me know.
Thanks Scotty! I bought a flight yesterday.

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 427
Join date : 2013-07-31
Location : Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   19.08.13 22:19

These Melodies wrote:
I am still thinking about flying to London. I've been to London a couple of times now. But I've always been to a different hotel.
I know there are a bunch of hotels/hostels in London. Just wondering if one of you have a recommendation? That would be great Smile
I also always book different hotels via booking.com. But Travellodges are normally a good option ...

________________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm / record collection

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
ScottyB23
First Cut
First Cut


Posts : 8
Join date : 2013-08-19
Age : 30
Location : Glenmavis, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   20.08.13 12:02

Hey Susan,

No worries, if you want advice on getting from the airport to the city center just send me a PM.

These Melodies,

The last time I was in London I stayed here, http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/258/London-Central-Kings-Cross-hotel , it's right next to Kings Cross/St.Pancras station and its cheap.

SB
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back


Posts : 267
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 34
Location : Bonn, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   20.08.13 19:19

enola wrote:
These Melodies wrote:
I am still thinking about flying to London. I've been to London a couple of times now. But I've always been to a different hotel.
I know there are a bunch of hotels/hostels in London. Just wondering if one of you have a recommendation? That would be great Smile
I also always book different hotels via booking.com. But Travellodges are normally a good option ...
ScottyB23 wrote:

These Melodies,

The last time I was in London I stayed here, http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/258/London-Central-Kings-Cross-hotel , it's right next to Kings Cross/St.Pancras station and its cheap.

SB
Thank You!!
I guess I will check out the travelodge then Wink
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1044
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   17.10.13 23:22

Just booked the last train. All ways and stays are fixed now. Is it November yet???

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 26
Location : New York, NY

PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   18.10.13 7:06

Hey, any US people lurking in this thread? If you wanna chat about travel...you might as well PM me because there's only like 2 of us Razz (ok, maybe 4).

One of these days (months, years, etc) I'm booking a ticket back across the pond and crashing this UK/EU party! Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1044
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   18.10.13 9:21

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

One of these days (months, years, etc) I'm booking a ticket back across the pond and crashing this UK/EU party! Twisted Evil 
Do it! Very Happy 

I´m also thinking about tour vacation in the US. Maybe some day...

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 26
Location : New York, NY

PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   19.10.13 5:47

Susan wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

One of these days (months, years, etc) I'm booking a ticket back across the pond and crashing this UK/EU party! Twisted Evil 
Do it! Very Happy 

I´m also thinking about tour vacation in the US. Maybe some day...
If you do, I recommend looking for a time when there's an exceptional number of north east dates for a band (Like Gaslight last november) and following the tour from like boston down to philly or DC. It would cost you a pretty penny but that's probably the longest run of shows you could get that wouldn't involved flights or extensive drives. Hit me up if you do one day decide to do this because I could offer advice. The only city I haven't been too on that list is DC.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1044
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   19.10.13 22:37

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Quote :

Hit me up if you do one day decide to do this because I could offer advice.
Thanks, I will. Smile

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The road most traveled   

Back to top Go down
 
The road most traveled
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Sons of Dragons - Book 1: The Road of Kyle
» Showmans / Road loco rolling chassis
» Road run
» Old Motor Week Jon Moss T56 Impala SS road test video
» Dwarf warband, Gyrocopter and Road Warden proxy...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RankersAndRotters.com :: Meet Me At The Lanes :: Tour-
Jump to: