Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sabbi
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   05.08.13 11:04

Hey guys!
Most of you on here already know me from several gigs but I'll introduce myself anyway Wink

I'm Sabrina (Nickname: Sabbi) and I am from Rüsselsheim/Germany... No one knows that so I'll say Frankfurt is the next best guess Wink

I discovered Dave at his time with the Loved Ones when they put out their Album "Build and Burn". I've always loved his voice and Energy but I was never lucky enough to see them play... And since I'm also a huge Hot Water Music Fan which made me follow Chuck with his solo stuff (<3) I discovered that Dave would play the Revival Tour along with Brian and Dan, which is like the best line up ever (although I have to admit I'm not that into Dan Andriano.... But different tastes right?! Smile) I saw the infamous Revival Show in Wiesbaden's Ringkirche and was instantly blown away by all their energy but Dave just owned the place Very Happy He even played some tunes on the piano and it was just wow... Since then I saw him a couple of times (not as many as others of you crazy people Wink <3) but I have to say he grew to me more and more and Dave Off's are such a bad thing Wink

I listen to many different other stuff, too but I think I don't need to list it up here because it sure is mostly the same then what you guys are listening to Smile

Thanks again to Manuela and Susan for having this great idea and putting this up so fast!

Hope to see you all again soon for some Woooohooos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   05.08.13 11:33

Hi Sabrina,

great to see you here, too! Very Happy 

Totally agree about hating Dave Offs, but what do mean by "crazy people"?

First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   05.08.13 11:35

Just a lovely way of saying you have more gigtime then I do Wink
And yes I'm jealous Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   05.08.13 11:45

I guess we agree in calling it dedicated instaed of crazy. Wink

First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   05.08.13 11:47

this is the term for talking to people on the outside Very Happy
On the inside we all know we're a little crazy Wink
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   05.08.13 11:56

thanks!  tongue

First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   05.08.13 12:05

you know what I mean Very Happy
lol! 
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   05.08.13 19:42

Good to have you here, Sabrina!

Signed: one of the crazy people

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   05.08.13 21:08

Hi Sabrina!

You were at one of the revival tour shows where Dave played piano?? I'm so jealous! I went to the one in London with that line-up but there was no piano playing. Was this the show where Brian played it as well and no one recorded it? (I'm still bitter about that).

By the way what are Dave offs exactly? I've seen it discussed on twitter but not enough to know what they are.
Back to top Go down
Sabbi
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   05.08.13 21:17

Hey!

Yeah I was in Wiesbaden Germany and there they played in a church. The Church happened to have a piano so the guys tried their best. Dave played Time will tell and yes Brian played piano, too!
I don't really know why no one recorded it because there ARE videos of that evening but yeah somehow it didn't happen... Shame though, Brian played the Horrible Crowes songs Last Rites and I believe Jesus brought us together as one song on the piano. Maybe everyone was that into it that they forgot recording...

And Dave Off's are just days without Dave Very Happy It came up on The Gaslight Anthems last years Fall tour when they had Dave opening for them. There were days when Dave played solo stuff somewhere else or they didn't spend the day off together. So they started missing him and called it Dave Off's for Days off without Dave Wink And we used it since then too to call our days without a Dave gig because it's such a good phrase:D
Back to top Go down
alwaysbeblue
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   06.08.13 17:35

Hey Sabrina! Welcome...I'm from Germany too. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sabbi
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   06.08.13 18:16

Wow you got a video!! Very Happy
But it explains the video was only uploaded last year and since there were no videos of it directly after I stopped looking for it... Thanks! Wink

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   07.08.13 7:59

Sabbi wrote:
Hey!

Yeah I was in Wiesbaden Germany and there they played in a church. The Church happened to have a piano so the guys tried their best. Dave played Time will tell and yes Brian played piano, too!
I don't really know why no one recorded it because there ARE videos of that evening but yeah somehow it didn't happen... Shame though, Brian played the Horrible Crowes songs Last Rites and I believe Jesus brought us together as one song on the piano. Maybe everyone was that into it that they forgot recording...

And Dave Off's are just days without Dave :DIt came up on The Gaslight Anthems last years Fall tour when they had Dave opening for them. There were days when Dave played solo stuff somewhere else or they didn't spend the day off together. So they started missing him and called it Dave Off's for Days off without Dave ;)And we used it since then too to call our days without a Dave gig because it's such a good phrase:D

I had killed someone to have been at that show! Still jealous. I can understand everyone being too in awe to think to record Brian playing but I'm still mad! I want to be in awe. Oh well, at least someone had the sense to record Dave!

Ahh, did the band clue you guys in? How'd you find that out? That makes sense and I agree, Dave Offs are bad!
Back to top Go down
Sabbi
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   07.08.13 9:59

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Sabbi wrote:
Hey!

And Dave Off's are just days without Dave :DIt came up on The Gaslight Anthems last years Fall tour when they had Dave opening for them. There were days when Dave played solo stuff somewhere else or they didn't spend the day off together. So they started missing him and called it Dave Off's for Days off without Dave ;)And we used it since then too to call our days without a Dave gig because it's such a good phrase:D

I had killed someone to have been at that show! Still jealous. I can understand everyone being too in awe to think to record Brian playing but I'm still mad! I want to be in awe. Oh well, at least someone had the sense to record Dave!

Ahh, did the band clue you guys in? How'd you find that out? That makes sense and I agree, Dave Offs are bad!

Yeah at least Dave Wink But still it's sad that nobody recorded Brian...

We got the clue through their twitter actions on these dave off's Very Happy I think it was Ian bringing up the term... And then we just adopted it Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany   

Back to top Go down

Heyho from Frankfurt/Germany
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1