Hello from CT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Hello from CT   04.08.13 7:37

Hi everyone! I'm Shelby!

I feel like I'm committing treason by using a Gaslight Anthem themed username over here (instead of Dave themed) but I figured it'd be easier to stay consistent with DSS, since I imagine many of the users on here will have come from there! At least to begin with!

I knew nothing about Dave until I went to see Brian Fallon on the Revival Tour in London in 2011. I was completely blown away by Dave's enthusiasm and fell immediately in love with every song he played. I NEVER have this reaction when I see someone I've never heard of live for the first time, so that was a first.

Anyway, props to Manuela and her friend Susan for starting this forum! As if I needed another internet distraction Razz But Dave deserves it and this is perfect timing as I'm already freaking out, counting the days will Devour comes out! I look forward to chatting with you all about it!
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: Hello from CT   04.08.13 8:55

Hi Shelby! Good to see you here too!

And thanks! We're happy to distract you even a little more now Smile

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: Hello from CT   04.08.13 12:17

Hello Shelby, welcome to the forum. Smile 

Yep, you´re right; perfect timing. I guess a lot of exciting things will happen next weeks and I´m glad we started this forum just in time so that we have a place to talk about them.

First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Hello from CT   06.08.13 15:10

Hi!
Its funny that I have the kinda same story about Dave. Expect I only saw a video from Cologne from that same tour. I also never get anything from the first time listening. Never. I knew who Dave was and propably had listened Cmon Kid, but thats about it. He was great and still is! The same video where he plays a cover of Trusty Chords made me realise that HWM is a great band instead of boring punk rock
I wish I had reactions like that more often so I wouldnt have to go like "oh, him/her/they had gig here about the same time when I first heard he/she/them and thought him/her/theyre music was pretty boring. Thats nice, because theres no idea when or will him/her/they will come back..." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Hello from CT   07.08.13 7:35

I love that video of the show in Cologne! I ripped it from youtube and I'm glad I did because it just up and disappeared! That just shows how great Dave is that a VIDEO made you a fan.
Back to top Go down
Sami
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Hello from CT   07.08.13 13:49

I think a lotta live videos or records have made me a fan.
Actually you can still watch the show here: http://www.wdr.de/tv/rockpalast/extra/videos/2011/1012/the_revival_tour.jsp
Maybe its slightly better quality and I have the audio which I think is ripped from those same youtube clips and at least on my audio copy of it doesnt have all the banter. But this does Especially the Brian stuff is hilarious Very Happy. And couple interviews and Meet Me In The Middle special performance somewhere on that site.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Hello from CT   07.08.13 18:20

Oh nice, I didn't realize that link existed! It was only on youtube for a short time. I love the banter! but yeah not so much for audio copies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from CT   

Back to top Go down

Hello from CT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RankersAndRotters.com :: The Forum :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: