An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Frank Turner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HungryHeart
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 24
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   07.08.13 11:08

Will have to find a ticket for Frank though, seems it's sold out ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.elena-fotografie.be
binaural2002
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   13.08.13 14:25

I was on the FT concert in Munich this year and it really was a cool evening. FT did a very good job there and the audicence had much fun I think so. So, I will go to the concert in Lindau next month for having another great evening.

One of my videos from Munich:

Back to top Go down
binaural2002
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   15.08.13 23:08

Quote :


I Am Not A Machine

To quote Black Flag, “I am not a machine”. Dammit. Ever since Bonnaroo Festival (back in June) I’ve had a slight issue with my back. As of last weekend, 30 something shows later, it’s become a serious thing, and despite my best efforts to ignore it, bully it into submission or just punk rock through the whole thing, it’s a problem I need to deal with. My doctor has sent me in for a spinal epidural shot tomorrow, which means there is no way I can play at Pukkelpop, Gampel or Highfield Festivals this weekend.

Anyone who knows me even vaguely will know that, as well as being in a fair amount of pain, I’m filled with rage at my puny weakling back for letting me down, not to mention all the people at the shows. I can only humbly apologise. Hopefully I can sort this issue now and going forward I’ll be fine to keep touring til I’m old and gray.

Speaking of the future, people coming to Hatfield, Reading and Leeds need not worry – the shows will go ahead, we are working on a plan, and if I have to do them in a goddamn wheelchair I will. Everyone in my team, from the Sleeping Souls on down, are being really great about making sure that the show goes on. Thanks for your patience and good wishes.
http://frank-turner.com/2013/08/15/i-am-not-a-machine/
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 178
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 26
Location : New York, NY

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   16.08.13 3:21

Poor Frank. I'm glad he's being smart and taking care of his back rather than continuing to play through it and possibly seriously hurting himself for the long term.
Back to top Go down
Sami
First Cut
First Cut


Posts : 23
Join date : 2013-08-06
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   16.08.13 9:40

Remember this: (backstory if somebody doesnt know. there was serious rumours going on that Kurt Cobain was unable to play/dead, because they hadnt done basically anything in two months or something. even Dave Grohl was pretty unsure whats going to happen)
Maybe Frank could play the first verse and chorus from a wheelchair and then just destroy every other artists on that festival just by playing one hell of a show!
Back to top Go down
Sami
First Cut
First Cut


Posts : 23
Join date : 2013-08-06
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   26.08.13 18:11

Sami wrote:
Remember this: (backstory if somebody doesnt know. there was serious rumours going on that Kurt Cobain was unable to play/dead, because they hadnt done basically anything in two months or something. even Dave Grohl was pretty unsure whats going to happen)
Maybe Frank could play the first verse and chorus from a wheelchair and then just destroy every other artists on that festival just by playing one hell of a show!
I guess Frank reads this forum CoolRazz  
Back to top Go down
Jersey89
First Cut
First Cut
avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2013-08-24
Age : 28
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   04.09.13 16:26

_rebekka_ wrote:
By the way I'm going to the shows in Nijmegen, Dortmund, Bremen, Berlin, Hamburg, Hannover, Wiesbaden, München, Cologne, Eindhoven, Utrecht and Mobile, Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando.


I'll be there too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
binaural2002
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   04.09.13 20:04

Frank wrote this on facebook an hour ago, sounds very good:

Quote :
Hi Germany, I've recorded an exclusive live 4 track EP for WiMP! Click here to check it out: http://wimp.de/album/22042680
Tracklist:  
Good & Gone (Cutting Room Sessions)
Recovery (Cutting Room Sessions)
Plain Sailing Weather (Cutting Room Sessions)
The Way I Tend To Be (Cutting Room Sessions)

available on 06th of september
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
First Cut
First Cut
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   07.09.13 19:35

yesterday was the first time i saw Frank live cheers great show and john allan and lucero where really great also i had the feeling the crowd didn't really enjoy lucero. Sad 

unfortunately i had to leave before the encore to catch my train home Crying or Very sad 
          soooo i'm curious if some of you guys have been there and can tell me which songs they played after recovery ? Smile
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   07.09.13 20:27

Hanswurst wrote:
yesterday was the first time i saw Frank live cheers great show and john allan and lucero where really great also i had the feeling the crowd didn't really enjoy lucero. Sad 

unfortunately i had to leave before the encore to catch my train home Crying or Very sad 
          soooo i'm curious if some of you guys have been there and can tell me which songs they played after recovery ? Smile
Hey, we should have met there! John Allen was great, wasn´t he? Btw, he´s a member of this forum, maybe he should do more promotion here... Wink 

Rebekka got Frank´s original setlist yesterday. I don´t remember all the songs in the correct order, but you can check it here:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/frank-turner/2013/aladin-bremen-germany-43c65bbb.html

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
First Cut
First Cut
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   07.09.13 20:36

Susan wrote:
Hanswurst wrote:
yesterday was the first time i saw Frank live cheers great show and john allan and lucero where really great also i had the feeling the crowd didn't really enjoy lucero. Sad 

unfortunately i had to leave before the encore to catch my train home Crying or Very sad 
          soooo i'm curious if some of you guys have been there and can tell me which songs they played after recovery ? Smile
Hey, we should have met there! John Allen was great, wasn´t he? Btw, he´s a member of this forum, maybe he should do more promotion here... Wink 

Rebekka got Frank´s original setlist yesterday. I don´t remember all the songs in the correct order, but you can check it here:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/frank-turner/2013/aladin-bremen-germany-43c65bbb.html
well yeah probably i was standing right behind you in front of the stage haha :Di was standing behind a woman with a john allan shirt who i think i've seen at the chuck concert in münster too - but i wasn't that sure and too shy to ask geek  i was the guy with a hat Wink

thank you for the setlist - well not that much songs i missed bounce
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   07.09.13 20:46

You were the guy with the hat? Cool!  

I wore a John Allen shirt and I have been at the Chuck Ragan concert in Münster. Next time we should have a beer together. Wink

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
First Cut
First Cut
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   07.09.13 20:49

Susan wrote:
You were the guy with the hat? Cool!  

I wore a John Allen shirt and I have been at the Chuck Ragan concert in Münster. Next time we should have a beer together. Wink
DEAL
Back to top Go down
lost_john
First Cut
First Cut


Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 33
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   07.09.13 22:45

Susan wrote:
John Allen was great, wasn´t he? Btw, he´s a member of this forum, maybe he should do more promotion here...
thanks for that, here I am... promotion... arrr,it's not my forum, so I'd rather not use it for that... I'll wait a couple of years until somebody comes up with the idea for a JA Forum! haha!

Hanswurst wrote:
john allan and lucero where really great
thanks man! and yes, lucero are really, really brilliant and also a bunch of very nice guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.john-allen.de
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 428
Join date : 2013-07-31
Location : Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   08.09.13 15:51

lost_john wrote:
Susan wrote:
John Allen was great, wasn´t he? Btw, he´s a member of this forum, maybe he should do more promotion here...
thanks for that, here I am... promotion... arrr,it's not my forum, so I'd rather not use it for that... I'll wait a couple of years until somebody comes up with the idea for a JA Forum! haha!
You can always post your stuff here Smile http://rankers.canadianforum.net/f2-we-could-be-kings

________________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm / record collection

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
HungryHeart
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 24
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   11.09.13 12:08

Back to top Go down
http://www.elena-fotografie.be
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 428
Join date : 2013-07-31
Location : Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   11.09.13 15:18

Again amazing photos Elena! cheers 

________________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm / record collection

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
HungryHeart
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 24
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   12.09.13 14:49

Thank you Smile
I don't find em so good, could've done way better...
Back to top Go down
http://www.elena-fotografie.be
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   12.09.13 23:12

Great pics, thank you Elena. 

I´m already looking forward to see your Dave Hause shots! Smile

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
HungryHeart
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 24
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   13.09.13 0:02

Thank you Smile
I hope he still got me on for these passes, 'cause i don't know now anymore with that contest going on to win a photo pass. He said in his email there would be a contest but i'm not completely sure if he meant i HAVE to take part with it to have a photo pass or if i WANT to take part...
Anyway i did take part...
If i don't win the pass i'm gonna ask him again & see what he says.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elena-fotografie.be
binaural2002
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   15.09.13 20:00

So, now I uploaded my FT videos from the Lindau concert yesterday. If someone is interested in just visit my playlist, which includes 2 John Allen songs (one feat. FT singing Counting Crows´ Mr. Jones) and 5 FT songs.

The concert was brilliant, I think so. Sometimes I thought FT is missing his guitar, because he sometimes didn´t know exactly what to do with his hands. But I think this is normal when You normaly play guitar.
Back to top Go down
binaural2002
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   15.03.14 17:19

Back from the Karlsruhe gig. It was a great evening!

Here are my videos:

       
Back to top Go down
binaural2002
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   13.08.14 21:52

I was on the FT show last night in Augsburg. It really was a very good gig. Like always. Frank played some new songs: Out of Breath, Josephine, Song for Josh (in remembrance of Robin Willilams) und Love 40 Down. Frank told not to film this new songs. So there is no "new" material I filmed.

     
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   

Back to top Go down
 
Frank Turner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Dracula: The Musical (by Frank Wildhorn)
» Frank Thrower? blue molded glass
» Frank Finan
» Live Steam LGB Frank S
» Frank Smith

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RankersAndRotters.com :: C'Mon Kid :: Other Music-
Jump to: