An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Loved Ones - Vinyl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1062
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: The Loved Ones - Vinyl   27.12.15 23:56

Some good news for lovers of The Loved Ones vinyls:


According to the Michael Cotterman interview on Punknews.org there will be a repress of Keep Your Heart via Fat Wreck Chords:

" So, there is going to be a vinyl repress, it is also going to come with a download code with the original demo that we made with the album. "

https://www.punknews.org/article/59607/interviews-michael-cotterman-of-the-loved-ones-talks-about-the-10-year-anniversary-of-keep-your-heart



And there´s a new pressing of the first The Loved Ones EP by Chunksaa Records:

" brand new pressing on The Loved Ones 10" "

https://www.instagram.com/p/_zbzsFDonS/

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep


Last edited by Susan on 07.01.16 21:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1062
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones - Vinyl   29.12.15 21:51

Susan wrote:

And there´s a new pressing of the first The Loved Ones EP by Chunksaa Records:

" brand new pressing on The Loved Ones 10" "

https://www.instagram.com/p/_zbzsFDonS/

Seems to be available in black and red, no pressing info:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/117914-the-loved-ones-st-10-10th-anniversary-pressing/

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1062
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones - Vinyl   07.01.16 21:45

A limited edition of the first EP is available online on black, silver and red 10” vinyl now!

Pressing Info:
100 Black
200 Silver
200 Red

http://www.coldcutsmerch.com/collections/chunksaahrecords/products/the-loved-ones-s-t-12

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
Viking1986
Fighting Back
Fighting Back


Posts : 66
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones - Vinyl   08.01.16 0:37

They look very pretty ! Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/176793852512277/
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1062
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones - Vinyl   28.02.16 23:18

Susan wrote:
Some good news for lovers of The Loved Ones vinyls:

According to the Michael Cotterman interview on Punknews.org there will be a repress of Keep Your Heart via Fat Wreck Chords:

" So, there is going to be a vinyl repress, it is also going to come with a download code with the original demo that we made with the album. "

Just listened to the demos. Most of it are quite similar to the songs on Keep Your Heart. Except for Breathe In! Sounds almost like a different song with 50% different lyrics.

It´s always interesting to see how a song can change. From a demo version to the final album version or by growing through being played live over years.

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
XNYCEMTP
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2014-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones - Vinyl   02.03.16 21:01

Susan wrote:
Susan wrote:
Some good news for lovers of The Loved Ones vinyls:

According to the Michael Cotterman interview on Punknews.org there will be a repress of Keep Your Heart via Fat Wreck Chords:

" So, there is going to be a vinyl repress, it is also going to come with a download code with the original demo that we made with the album. "

Just listened to the demos. Most of it are quite similar to the songs on Keep Your Heart. Except for Breathe In! Sounds almost like a different song with 50% different lyrics.

It´s always interesting to see how a song can change. From a demo version to the final album version or by growing through being played live over years.


I've been listening to "Breathe In" over and over and I really like it!
I think I figured out most of the lyrics...any thoughts...?


Forgive Me. It's my fault, I should have figured this.
I said what's on my mind and now you're leaving pissed.
It's contrived. Less than real. Disingenuous.
Is it worth it, to roll the dice when your soul's at risk?

But in the end it's all just foolish pride.
To hold your breath and take the ride.
Don't give it to me, I might lose my mind.

We're building callouses where we're supposed to feel.
We're betting all that's left on the chance for something real.
It's contrived. Less than real. Disingenuous.
Is it worth it, to roll that dice when your soul's at risk?

'Cause in the end it's all just foolish pride.
To hold your breath and take the ride.
Don't give it to me, I might lose my mind.

Don't you know they'll suck you dry.
Chew you up. Hang you out to die.
Don't give it to me, I might lose my mind. Yeah.

The game is rigged.
And I don't want to have to beg anymore, more of our friends.
To come inside and act like they don't know we're sick of it.
To come inside and act like they don't know I'm faking it.
To come inside and act like they don't...fake our way through...(???)...
We fake our way through...(???)...
There's nothing left of your....(???)... today. Today.

Don't you know they'll suck you dry.
Chew you up. Hang you out to die.
Don't give it to me, You might lose my mind.

Don't you know they'll suck you dry.
Chew you up. Hang you out to die.
Don't give it to me, I might lose my mind. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/smb601#
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1062
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones - Vinyl   12.03.16 1:20

XNYCEMTP wrote:

I've been listening to "Breathe In" over and over and I really like it!
I think I figured out most of the lyrics...any thoughts...?

Thanks for the lyrics Steve! I can´t fill the gaps, maybe only Dave knows these words...

I think the lyrics of the demo version are straighter and more personal. The album version is rather distanced. I like both!

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
avatar

Posts : 1062
Join date : 2013-08-01
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones - Vinyl   14.03.16 16:16


New Pressing: The Loved Ones — Keep Your Heart

http://modern-vinyl.com/2016/03/13/new-pressing-loved-ones-keep-your-heart/

http://www.fatwreck.com/record/detail/705

Quote :
10th Anniversary repress on red vinyl available now! Download card included with original Keep Your Heart album demos!

Some catchy East Coast anthems on this debut full length from three delicious Cheesesteaks. They’ll have their own statues next to Rocky in no time!

________________________
I'm gonna chase the mermaid and let her take me to the deep
Back to top Go down
antje0508
First Cut
First Cut
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-08-03
Location : Middle Of Nowhere, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones - Vinyl   16.03.16 22:40

XNYCEMTP wrote:

The game is rigged.
And I don't want to have to beg anymore, more of our friends.
To come inside and act like they don't know we're sick of it.
To come inside and act like they don't know I'm faking it.
To come inside and act like they don't...fake our way through...(???)...
We fake our way through...(???)...
There's nothing left of your....(???)... today. Today.

Maybe he sings:

To come inside and act like they don't...fake our way through the (entire?) play.
We fake our way through the (entire?) play.
There's nothing left till you're on the crutch today. Today.

Does that make sense at all? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones - Vinyl   

Back to top Go down
 
The Loved Ones - Vinyl
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Pre loved scrap items for sale
» Where do I find vinyl these days??
» Vinyl for dummies.
» The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
» Scorned by many, loved by few........

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RankersAndRotters.com :: The Music :: Record Collection-
Jump to: