Share | 

Which fans to trust on tour?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oli1980
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Which fans to trust on tour?   13.03.14 1:58

I fully expect my name to come up on the negative list here, However we all travel a lot. Not only to watch Dave but other bands we all know.

So the question is. Which fans do you trust? Who do you give free tickets to etc.

Do we all stick to our own little groups of "Mates" to do the swaps etc with?

How far do you go with dealing with the nutters? ( I know this is where I fit in) Before saying no more?

How many fans do we all think I like them I will deal with, speak to them again?

How many do you think, Thanks over. I am still alive?

Facebook gig strangers good idea or bad etc?

Feel free to add your storys & your advice wtc.
Back to top Go down
Oli1980
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Which fans to trust on tour?   25.06.14 1:40

Months later. still no reply.

I guess I know which group I am in then pirat 
Back to top Go down
mti1974
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Which fans to trust on tour?   25.06.14 16:52

Completely missed your first post. So here it goes:

Personally: I never give a free ticket to anyone (sorry... Wink ), but if I can’t go I’d sell my ticket for face value. Since I always give everybody the benefit of the doubt, I’d initially sell to anybody. If I learn through the fan community of the respective artist that a certain person is ‘bad news’ (stalking behaviour, a scalper, etc) then I’d think twice about it and probably not sell to that person.

With the social media and all, it’s fairly simple to ‘get to know’ people. But before meeting people in private I’ve always had lengthy e-mail and/or phone contact with them. I’ve travelled to the USA (from Holland) to stay with people I’ve only met online. Of course we had evening-long chats and e-mail conversations, but still: it was a bit of a gamble. I did that twice and was never disappointed: I made life-long friends.

If you’re a fan of a certain artist, it’s not strange to uphold the same standards as that artist. So besides the music, you often also share some values with each other, which makes it easier to trust them.

But my advice is: check out their private profiles online (it says a lot if you see family pictures or pub pictures, if you get my drift) and always (!!!) have contact outside the social media before meeting people in private (especially abroad). Again: it’s a gamble, but in my situation both times it paid off real well :-) And let friends (and/or family) know where you’re going, give them address details, phone numbers et cetera. Never travel abroad to stay with people without having their address. Don’t accept a ‘I’ll pick you up from the airport / bus station / … and then we’ll just go to my place.’ Know where that place is (and streetview on google maps can sometimes be helpful).

I know I want to meet Susan once, as we already ended up standing next to each other during one gig, without knowing it (we figured it out afterwards).

Good enough advice?
Back to top Go down
http://mariatillema.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/dave-hause-strikes-
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: Which fans to trust on tour?   25.06.14 20:53

Oli1980 wrote:
Months later. still no reply.

Maybe because I don´t really know what you´re talking about.

I met a lot of nice people at concerts and some of them became friends. It´s fun to meet again, travel together or have a drink after the show. But I´m always open minded to meet new people.

And I agree with mti1974, ticket trade has to be face value. I´ve bought tickets from strangers via facebook, sold spare tickets in front of the venue or swapped preorder tickets with unknown other fans via fanforum. Fortunately no bad deal so far...

Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: Which fans to trust on tour?   29.06.14 23:29

I've also missed this post somehow.

I don't think there is a general advice on whom to trust on tour. I try to be as open minded as possible and I am always happy to meet new like-minded people on tour. As Susan already said I have also made real friends on tour but it's as much fun to go out for a drink or just dance and sing together at a gig even if this person is not becoming a "real" friend.

As for giving away tickets. I always ask my friends first but if they don't need it, I'd ask around. Depending on the artist and if there are still tickets available I would either sell it at face value or ive it away for free. But I don't make a difference to whom .

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
Oli1980
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Which fans to trust on tour?   05.08.14 0:31

Thanks for the replys guys. Some things worth considering in the future.

Thanks. Oli
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which fans to trust on tour?   

Back to top Go down

Which fans to trust on tour?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1