An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Viking1986
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?   06.01.14 3:32

Hello Everyone!

As we all know there are several ways to re-live a concert, through pictures, setlists, merchandise, venue or festival tickets (which now seems to just be a collection of e-tickets lol ) and of course the "wonderful" youtube machine! *I will get back to this point a bit later*

Here is my youtube channel, just through sheer laziness, I have not created a playlist or anything, but I will get round to it eventually...

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMetalviking1986/videos

Here are the videos performances I did get for those

Amsterdam - Becoming Secular, Same Disease, The Great Depression, We Could Be Kings, Worry (Feat. Dave Hause)
Antwerp - Before, The Bridge, Damascus, Rankers & Rotters, Melanin', Autism Vaccine Blues
London - Damascus, Heavy Heart, Stockholm Syndrome, Pray For Tucson, Rankers & Rotters, Autism Vaccine Blues
Nottingham - Time Will Tell, Resolutions, Father's Son (medley Trusty Chords and Jane), Benediction (Feat. Northcote)

After the spring tour early 2013, I thought of putting together a dvd? of the next tour this being Devour.. and seeing as there is this wonderful community, those who wish to part-take in this project, can do so with their footage of the shows and can also give some ideas on how to approach it :)Let me know what you think Razz

Here is another random fact:
The current top 5 countries for viewing my videos:

1. United Kingdom
2. Belgium
3. United States
4. Germany
5. Netherlands
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/176793852512277/
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?   06.01.14 17:07

Viking1986 wrote:

After the spring tour early 2013, I thought of putting together a dvd? of the next tour this being Devour.. and seeing as there is this wonderful community, those who wish to part-take in this project, can do so with their footage of the shows and can also give some ideas on how to approach it :)Let me know what you think Razz

That´s a great idea!

A friend of mine did some awesome U2 multicam dvds. She took one good audio recording and put it together with many different videos (she contacted a lot of YouTube user and mostly they sent her the original videos).

Ok, this wouldn´t work for us because there aren´t enough videos. But the idea of a dvd is still great. Maybe from different shows. I guess the biggest problem is to get high quality audio recordings.

Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?   06.01.14 18:05

I would also love to see a best of dvd of the last tour! Would be great!
Back to top Go down
Viking1986
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?   06.01.14 19:07

That´s a great idea!

Quote :
A friend of mine did some awesome U2 multicam dvds. She took one good audio recording and put it together with many different videos (she contacted a lot of YouTube user and mostly they sent her the original videos).

Ok, this wouldn´t work for us because there aren´t enough videos. But the idea of a dvd is still great. Maybe from different shows. I guess the biggest problem is to get high quality audio recordings.

Not enough Videos? there are plenty on youtube? and i'm sure most of the videos on youtube belong to members here lol so i'm sure the videos are not a problem. Something that I wish I could get a hold of, maybe for the Summer tour.. is to get footage from behind Dave looking onto the crowd! Smile showing true crowd participation and the Rankers and Rotters Smile
Back to top Go down
Plastictrash
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?   06.01.14 21:40

I´m with you. Look at http://www.youtube.com/user/Diplomatenausflug/videos, can send the originals these 12 vids via dropbox or so. A complete audio from Dresden  you will find here
Back to top Go down
binaural2002
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?   07.01.14 14:05

If You´re interested in some videos, I could send You 5 videos I taped in Munich at the Strom! Just have a look at my YouTube channel (signature).
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?   11.01.14 14:36

I jsut got an email from youtube that Dave made a playlist called "Devour Tour Europe", perhaps he'd be interested in the DVD too Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-tearoxfLY&list=PL2OzhPL0duB4XgPjedQLHOqe16AOoKUr4

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?   11.01.14 15:38

Now that is just great!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid

PostSubject: Re: Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?   12.01.14 23:36

Viking1986 wrote:

Not enough Videos? there are plenty on youtube? and i'm sure most of the videos on youtube belong to members here lol so i'm sure the videos are not a problem. Something that I wish I could get a hold of, maybe for the Summer tour.. is to get footage from behind Dave looking onto the crowd! :)showing true crowd participation and the Rankers and Rotters Smile

What I meant is there are not enough videos from one show. In fact, there is not a single show complete up on YouTube. For a multicam you need as much videos from one song at one show as you can get for making some cuts and show different kind of views.

But you´re absolutely right with the importance of showing the crowd participation. I got a few fan made U2 multicams which are much greater than the band´s official released dvd. Very Happy And I guess it´s because of showing the whole concert from a fan´s view. Watch this for an example: http://youtu.be/jkmStqC1ZLM

But I still think most of all you need a high quality audio recording. No one will view a dvd with a creepy iphone-sound! As much as I know there are two audio bootlegs of the Devour tour (Dresden and Frankfurt) and sadly the quality isn´t that good. Please don´t get me wrong, I don´t complain about it! I know that the professional equipment is very expensive and for me the recording would ruin my live-experience of the show. So thanks a lot to all the ones who film and tape and share what we all love! Much respect and much love!" I love you

Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?   19.01.14 22:59

enola wrote:
I jsut got an email from youtube that Dave made a playlist called "Devour Tour Europe", perhaps he'd be interested in the DVD too Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-tearoxfLY&list=PL2OzhPL0duB4XgPjedQLHOqe16AOoKUr4

If we do manage to get something done, I think he should be the first to view it, it is his material after all Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?   

Back to top Go down

Live Performances (European Devour Tour 2013) + An Idea?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1